From June 29-July 3, Seneca College will be hosting its first ever 100% virtual COVID-19 Business Response Hackathon.
Students will work In small teams, and will have the opportunity to create innovative solutions, helping to solve some of the problems businesses are experiencing as a result of the Coronavirus. This Hackathon will showcase excellence and innovation as students demonstrate their entrepreneurial and problem-solving skills in front of industry leaders. Top tier prizes will include cash rewards, paid internships and the opportunity to present their solutions to Bay Street Investors!
1. Human Resources
- Candidate recruiting using AI,Data Science and Gamification.
- Reference Model for skill using Data Analytics
2. Hospitality and Personal Services
- Appointment Scheduling for services, order pickups and restaurant seating
- Application for personal service
3. Health Care
- Visualize COVID-19 infection spread using Big Data Analytics
4. Accounting and contactless payments
- Remote application for digital receipts and expense payments
5. Virtual Classroom platforms
- Create innovative new features to bring online classrooms to the next level
6. Business Resilence
- What frameworks and tools do businesses need to bring employees back to work safely post Covid-19?
7. Abstract thinking for Covid-19 tech response (Think freely about any type of technical solution to COVID-19 related issues)
Examples for consideration:
- Medical solutions
- Logistics and supply chain
- Size mimicking Avatar for online shopping – innovative ways for online shopping
- Managing staff remotely
- Automation to help healthcare workers
- Digital financing
Got a Great Idea?